October 6, 2011

Hello, Is Anyone Out There?

Hello blogland! I feel like I need to re-introduce myself.

My name is Gina, and I am busy all the time. I follow around a 17 month old named Lucy and continuously say, "Don't put that in your mouth" or "Take that out of your mouth" or "Get your hands out of the potty!" I also have a 3 year old (soon to be 4), named Addie, who follows me around saying things like "Can I watch another one of my shows" or "Do I have school today" or "Mommy, I love you."

I am one of the cheapest people I know and will drive 18 miles out of my way to save 10 cents. Why don't computers have the cent symbol anymore? $0.10 just doesn't have the effect I am going for. I coupon and coupon and I follow blog after blog looking for the best deal. You can always ask me any day of the week where to find the cheapest milk in town since I buy about 2-3 gallons a week. I am talking about 14 different Bible studies at one time but not doing any of them and striving to get up and have a quiet time everyday before the kids wake up. I have been working out and enjoying it! Sylvia, my fitness guru, runs boot camp three days a week.

Addie has started PRE-SCHOOL! It all happened so fast, but she is doing really well and enjoying it. I thought I had problems when she brought home papers from church twice a week but now our Rapunzel backpack is full of drawings and coloring pages everyday! I am saving all of them for now but we will see if my desk drawer bursts open before May. Lucy and I walk to her school to pick her up some mornings. It is a short walk and saves on gas (back to the cheap thing).

Lucy is our parrot and repeats everything she hears. She is usually happy and fun and always loud. She hangs with me while Addie is at "cool." She is wonderful at going "night night" but wakes up during the night with either nightmares or teeth pain. She is really getting a lot of teeth these days. She is going from 4 to 10 really quickly. She is eating pretty well and enjoys grapes, strawberries, cheese, and meatloaf of all things.

I have started sewing a little and I do mean a little. I like having projects to do but sewing is like a time warp. You sit down to start a project and bam, you have spent 4 hours working on something. I would stick to knitting but I had major joint pain in my left pinky and according to Brad, I had "knittin' knuckles" and had to give it up for a couple of months.

So we are borrowing a Sleep Number Bed and trying it out. First two nights are over and I cannot say I am in love yet. The first night on 70 was hard as a rock and the second night on 45 was almost too soft. I have gotten up so sore each morning. At least tonight I know where to try, I think 55 sounds good.

Nap time is never long enough in my house, so I will wrap this up.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

I was looking at my list of favorites on the internet, and I said to myself, I will just see if Gina has any updates and today was the day to check. Love you guys...Gigi