August 14, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy





Wow!  What a month!  Sorry my last update was so long ago.  Addie is doing well.  She talks constantly and amazes me with all the words she can say.  She plays and plays and always wants me to play with her.  

I went to the World's Longest Yard Sale last week.  A group of us from MS joined my mom, Brad's mom, and my nephew in Fort Payne, Alabama.  We stayed two nights in my home-away-from-home (the Hampton Inn) and enjoyed yard-saling for two days straight.  I couldn't have had any more fun than I did.  I will post some pictures later of all the deals I found.  During my stay, I got to see some old friends, Alice, the Strickland's, and the Chamber's.  Thanks for taking the time to eat with me!!!

Addie is really enjoying her "new" things from the sale.  She got a new table and chairs ($1) to color on which is her new favorite past time.  She got a Dora Dollhouse ($10) and lots of fun accessories ($0.50).  She even got a Boots (Dora's sidekick).  We were quite proud of her new Alpha Omega Car Seat that will let her lean back in the car ($15).  I hope this will make long trips a lot better!  Addie got a toddler bed ($15) that needs painting and I don't see her moving into it anytime soon.  I also got Addie a Learning Tower ($8).  It is a little hard to explain, but she can climb into it and be at counter height and maybe help me cook.  I got a cute, vintage Auburn shirt ($1), and Brad's mom bought him a cute end table.  How did we live so long without an end table?






1 comment:

Seth and Mary said...

$8 learning tower?! I'm jealous! My mom bought one (NOT for $8) and the boys love it. It was great when there were just 2 that wanted in it but it's not quite big enough for all 3, causing many a fights these days. Miss ya'll!
Mary