December 5, 2008

Birthday Party #3

PARADE DAY!!  Many of you may not know that Addie was born on the night of the Christmas Parade last year, so naturally we had a birthday party here in MS for her on the night of the parade again.  The parade is no ordinary parade here in Greenwood...Businesses close, schools have the mysterious "teach work day," and Brad gets off at lunch.  It's a HUGE deal, it's a lot of fun, and it ends with fireworks.  
I made Addie's birthday cake, and even though it resembled a lady's crocheted lap blanket, I was proud of it.  We had a wonderful party with lots of friends and taco soup.  YUMM!  Thanks to everyone who came and helped us celebrate for the final time!  And let me say, I enjoyed hearing the fireworks much better from my house than from the labor room if you get my point.



4 comments:

The Langfords said...

Happy Birthday Miss Addie!!

Stephanie said...

Awww...can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

THREE parties?! and I was at zero of them... how sad.

Hannah and Randy said...

Happy Birthday Addie! Sounds like you had tons of fun! We hope to see you guys in Auburn at Christmas!